Thursday, June 1, 2017

Character Profile: Mr. Ass

Throughout my time at The Walters Art Museum I discretely posted on my findings and observations using this blog. One of the biggest points was to rename the “main cast” of offenders. Now that I no longer work there I don’t really give a shit if their feelings are hurt by me ousting them to the public at this point. After all this was the whole point of this to begin with.

Mr. Ass, whose codename wasn’t my idea but I agreed with, is of course Alan Voss; dayshift supervisor of Security at The Walters Art Museum. As you can read from my journal entries I don’t think too fondly of the people “in charge” of Security. In all fairness Al Voss was the low man on the totem pole of this justified anger, though he wasn’t innocent.

Nepotism is a big part of his character. Of course he was the one who got me the job, through my father, to begin with. However Chris Kunkle got him the job of dayshift supervisor through a connection with his son, who at the time was a supervisor at The Baltimore Museum of Art. Don’t worry everybody the BMA is safe since they have long since fired Chris Kunkle Jr. Apparently he doesn’t have the same bull shit shield that his father does.

After he was hired as nighshift supervisor he convinced Chris Kunkle to make him dayshift supervisor and placed Troy Rosebud on nighshift. Troy Rosebud is an infinitely more competent and personable human being than Al Voss will ever be. Which shows that Chris Kunkle will practice favoritism over operational quality every time.

The reason for Al Voss “leaving” the BMA had to do with getting involved, romantically, with a co-worker who he would later marry and divorce. This not only cost him the job at the BMA but also put him into a sort of funk. I refuse to make that an excuse for him to be the epic asshole that he was during my time at The Walters. At one point he would act like a blue collar buddy, but in reality he was no more than Chris Kunkle’s bitch, trying to use the faux friendship he had with my father as a nonexistent bridge.


Mr. Ass is one of the most insufferable human beings I had ever met and a very poor example of what a supervisor should be. In all fairness it’s not like The Walters Art Museum is a tight ship anyhow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment