Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Setting The Record Straight... Covertly...

Where I work harassment and power corruption are a daily dose of reality. It’s the same at any job. There will always be that one supervisor, manager, or boss that just goes mad with power. Even if they are not truly qualified to work there.

Mismanagement is a recurring character in my journal entries, you’re very much aware of this, but if it’s not obvious at this point she is based on a real person. Pretty much everyone in these blog entries is. I am not writing this for entertainment value, or just to make money, I’m really trying to help. You AND me that is…

I believe that writing is a great way for myself to relieve stress, but in this case it is also a great way to spill the beans on the ongoing struggle that myself and fellow officers have with working Security in an art museum. Working Security is not the same everywhere, I think I mentioned this, but where I work it is unfortunately unique. It doesn’t have to be but the people “in charge” make it that way. The sad thing about is it that I would love to mention their real names, but I fear I would lose my job.


Not that I want to continue working here forever, like some other guards I could mention, I want whatever everyone wants; something worth-while. For example today I am actively job searching to find a position somewhere (that isn’t Security) where I can better make use of my college education. Does this mean I will make a new blog about THAT experience? Hopefully I won’t have to because it will be better organized than my current place of employment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment