Sunday, January 3, 2016

April 16th 2015

So today I made a huge mistake that will have repercussions throughout the day. I left my notepad and PS Vita at home! And it’s a Thursday so that is a big issue. Luckily I carry a backup in my back pocket, but it only has so much paper in it. Woah there’s a notepad in the phone box! It’s got other writing in it but at least it’s something.

We are so short today they called a special event guard and a Night Shift guard in. (Redacted) is a guard on the Night Shift. They still insist on having two guards in that stupid special exhibition. Tomorrow I have a job interview for a customer service position. I imagine it’s one of those call center things, but anything’s better than here plus it’s within city limits. I really hope I get the job so I can get out of this toxic environment.

Today I am posted up on 3rd Floor Center. 12PM lunch break, my own personal bathroom, and a couple of good hiding spots. One of which has a waist high wall I can use my leather notepad on, will not need the weird cryptic one from the phone-box afterall. The only downside is the Knight’s Hall but I do not actually go down there often. The stairs are hell on the knees. Also the 3G is kind of shitty so Hay Day keeps crashing. Not cool when I am trying to harvest stuff.

Speaking of blind spots Tuesday I worked the R+G+G gallery. Well actually there wasn’t any tours through there all day so I played around in the blind spot by the fire extinguisher. According to (redacted) there is a hidden camera in a “broken” light socket. He’s the lighting guy so he would know. I think he’s just fucking with me though. If there really was a camera I would have been fired ages ago. Everyone uses that blind spot. In fact I’m using one right now while I write in this notepad! Not that I need to because it’s not against policy. Knucklehead says we are allowed to take notes. Boy have I been taking some!

Today he had a meeting about some woman that is coming to the museum for a lecture tomorrow. Apparently she was the go-to florist at the White House for Obama’s first term and the first half of his second. Why she left back in February no one knows, and we don’t really care, but according to Knucklhead and the "PR" lady all of the major news outlets really want to know if there’s a dirty secret behind it. They will supposedly be camping out tomorrow for her arrival. A full “detail” on the Court and all the floors, that’s what Knucklehead wants… Well hire some more guards or make some calls to Allied Barton. He very much realizes we are short staffed and that we are not Secret Service, but that’s his nature. Making his pet project seem like something it’s not. I mean we have the same level of competence as Secret Service, but I digress we do not have the manpower or the brain power to protect this place from paparazzi. Mismanagement was at the meeting but all she really said was a repeat of everything Knucklehead mentioned, only it was in her Aunt Jamimea tone of voice. I think I saw Knucklehead smirk. Everyone else was giggling.

Well I was wondering when today’s secret meeting would take place. It’s always in the afternoon, around 3PM. First of all I was able to get that pay stub from the paycheck before last. Thanks to my sister from another mister. She took care of it after she told me Mr. Ass never sent the e-mail to Financing earlier. So I get called into the Surveillance Room and Mr. Ass gives me this lecture about how they both got yelled at by the chick in Finance (remember she has a bitchy attitude because she hates to be interrupted from doing nothing). The whole “talking-down” occurred while he was SITTING DOWN. During which he hands me an envelope and complains about THAT. I played dumb but was excited about the paystub. Please note that I did not throw my best friend under the bus. Like the unjustified HR meeting last week I played it stupid and calm. The best bit is that I got what I wanted obviously.

I get back upstairs and wait for my 20 minute break. Here comes Shorty again, this time Uncle Tom wants to meet with me. Oh boy a twofer! So I head over to the staff offices and have a follow-up with him and Knucklehead about the HR meeting. NOT about the 10 hours Predator stole from me last week, like he said we would. AND we talk about what we were going to talk about two weeks prior to that. Once again stupid and calm, smile on my face. I took my 20 minutes when I got back to post. Sorry Sticks but it was their fault, they cut into my break.


I cannot quite place where Uncle Tom is coming from. Is he doing a really good acting job or if he’s slipping over to the dark side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment