Sunday, May 15, 2016

June 20th 2015

That interview went great yesterday! I hope I get a call back, if I’m lucky it won’t be for another week and I’ll be able to go to Chicago during my “two weeks notice”. (never got a call back, fml) I hope you know by now that there is not actually going to be a two weeks notice. In the meantime I need to work on my exit strategy. I will let you guess where I am posted today; I’ll give you a hint, it’s one of the same two places I seem to always be posted.

Not much to report on today apart from me working a wedding tonight, so I’ll be here for another nine hours. Fuck… I hope I’m not posted on the Loading Dock.

Sweet I’m posted on the Old Entrance tonight. I will not be stopping any drinks coming down the stairs tonight. For the first 15 minutes I was sitting here at Old Entrance Predator was sitting down upstairs probably trying to take notes to use on me later. Nigga please! I am no angel but compared to him I’m a saint. Plus I have a couple years of shit on him. 40% of which is just from the last couple of months. When he came down to get the daily attendance paper he could not tell the difference between 39 and 35. You know someone’s got a mental issue when they need to control THAT.

Very easy going crowd tonight, only 48 people. By the way that’s a 4 and an 8. Most of them are old people, they are playing jazz music, and everything is moving ahead of schedule. I think we might get out of here early. They didn’t give us a half-hour break, but they didn’t give an hour break either. They met us in the middle with 45 minutes. I’m all for the let’s-meet-them-in-the-middle approach, but that’s just meticulous enough to be Predator's decision.

I have to pop outside occasionally just to wake up. It’s kind of humid compared to the pleasant AC filled Old Entrance, but it’s not gonna knock me out sitting here. This elevator music is snooze inducing, but at least guests can hear me when I shout “I’m sorry, you can’t bring that drink downstairs.” Ok now let me get back to reporting the truth. I was standing outside the door (before it started raining) and saw Predator littering. I mean the guy’s an asshole, that’s confirmed, but come on… Put that paper in the trash can, that’s five feet away from you, instead of just blowing it off the straw.

Got some recent developments. (redacted) forgot to hook the latch on the left bronze door at the Old Entrance. Damn near thought the glass door would shatter when the storm kicked up. If I come in tomorrow to work on “The Project” I will make sure to bug him about it. I am definitely calling a cab to pick me up. Typically I walk a few blocks before getting a cab. Not tonight, that is if we are getting out early. Maybe the rain will be over by the time these old fucks get done boozing.

Well it’s 10:55 and shit’s still going on. The bride is the daughter of one of the Board Directors, the little guy with no neck. Right now Sticks is outside waiting for (redacted) just like my dad had to wait for me the last time a Board Director had a party go on longer than it needed to. I have learned my lesson; I take cabs in situations like this, no more making THEM wait for other people’s fuck ups.


11:03 – 33 minutes longer than it was suppose to go on for. The thing back in October 2013 went on for an hour-and-a-half longer. The band sounds winded and people are starting to leave. 11:42, fuck my life. They are standing around acting like they are made of fucking sugar. I think Mr. Ass gave up on the 25-hour limit thing, I mean for real this time. If I don’t have a new job by then I’ll experiment with this Thursday. After all he said come in 9:15 to 9:15. So nine to nine I shall come in, breaking my supposed 25-hour limit. 

I really wish that ass-fuck Chris didn't bone me out of a good job. Or else I wouldn't still be working for Hitler and his trained apes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment