Monday, January 12, 2015

April 26th 2014

A window into what I am dealing with.

On April 26th we had a meeting about the Evacuation policy and soon after we had a fire drill. That day I was suffering from a really bad cold and was not in the mood for either. Despite having flem in my lungs and ears I heard pretty well. 

(Redacted) screwed something up in the communication side of things. As per usual she changed her mind after everything did not go according to plan. First she wanted us to meet in the one building's lobby then once we all did she told us we should have met in the other building. 

We did not even know where this hypothetical bomb/gas leak/dildo infection was. If it were in one building then we meet in the other, and vice versa if it's in the opposite. After she screwed up my manager went  into her usual “be lucky I’m fighting for you or we could all be outsourced” speech.

At this point I had to just walk away from her, even my Supervisor rolled his eyes. He was not in a good mood for most of that day. Most likely because it was one of my manager's power-play days.

We have a real cast of characters where I work. All of whom that are in charge are busier working on their one-upmanship than actually running the museum. To make matters worse there are too many heads and none of whom know what the other is doing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment