Sunday, January 25, 2015

May 10th 2014

If you work at an art museum you will eventually have to work some kind of catered party. These are worthy of their own post so I will not go into too much, but this entry goes to show you some of the political crap that can go on behind the scenes. Do not get me started on the food. You see some seriously messed up stuff when working on the Loading Dock. 

On May 10th I witnessed a coup of sorts with the catering company. The cooks on the loading dock were pushing the servers too hard. The one woman condoned them for it. The head manager, a really hot woman in a tight black dress with a tangy late-20s voice, calmly explained to the head chef that she can not be everywhere at once. Both managers had a point but the one was a little too blunt (the hot one just you do not think I am being biased). The other, or the freight-train-in-the-black-dress as I called her, explained the managerial process very well and calmed the situation down. Apparently, the lead chef over stepped his bounds and thought he was in charge of the floor staff. It is good to see that management is messed up everywhere instead of just here. On an interesting note, I popped an Oxy that night. I could not feel my feet and even lead me to write a poem about it. Man everything’s so awesome while medicated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment