Sunday, August 9, 2015

January 10th 2015

January 10th 2015: Two events going on tonight. They have yet again double booked and I doubt we will have the manpower to cover it. Luckily the one event is over at 8. The schedule is all fucked up. It says I am working until midnight. The hell I am! If they expect me to work a full twelve hours Thursday then I’m leaving at 10:15. They are the ones insisting on the un-proven 25-hour limit law. Next week’s schedule is messed up too. There is a wedding next Sunday. They got me down for 9AM to midnight then too. I only agreed to work 4 to midnight, the actual wedding. I hate to say it, but I kinda miss Mr. Ass. At least he was on the ball with the scheduling. [He actually wasn't I don't know what the hell I was taking when I wrote this.]

I have always noticed that when you volunteer to work a special event they put you down for an hour before the museum closes to the public. We are like pawns in this messed up chess game. A lot of people would just say “yo dawg it’s an extra hour”, yes it is but their intention is to have us take over for the relief guards that go home at 4. That is what it really means. To make matters worse I was suppose to be posted at H.H. (Redacted) said he was on 4th Floor to relieve (Miss. Redacted). Screw it, I’m getting plenty of writing done either way.


Plot twist! I am posted on the Loading Dock for the wedding and it’s all gravy. The caterers are familiar so I’m in the clear until 10:15!

No comments:

Post a Comment