Saturday, September 26, 2015

February 24th 2015

February 24th 2015: Working a school tour today. I like these because I can get extra hours without dealing with Predator. It looks like we do still sign in and out. “They’re working on a new way for guards to sign in and out.” Yeah bullshit. (Redacted) must have started that rumor. Whenever he says something everyone takes it as gospel since Mismanagement never tells us anything.

That’s how rumors usually spread. (Redacted) gets a small slice of info from the higher-ups, he mentions it in passing to some of the mouthy guards, and before you know it everyone has “the latest information.” 

One major issue with school tours (apart from the army of kids and clueless chaperons) is the school bus parking arrangement. They use to park on the street outside of the museum, but there had been complaints from people in the neighborhood, staff, guests, etc. about that organization. Now the city provides special parking for school buses at another museum. It costs $5 an hour, so the school would have to pay out $15. Big deal! The drivers get a free pass to the museum, free wifi, a warm place to drink coffee, and a cable TV. And their buses stay off the street, everybody wins!

Whelp not this time. Whoever was posted here earlier did not relay this perk to some of the drivers so they took up a lot of spaces. Later in the day I was placed at the New Entrance for an art seminar that the Monitor Room didn’t know was going on, or at least (redacted) didn’t know. The parking lot up the street soon got filled up and one lady, with crutches, had nowhere close to park. She had to go home. I know what you’re thinking, no I did not just have a soft spot for an artsy fartsy. I do however feel bad for the lady, that she was not able to go through with her plans for the day. I’m a much different guy on Tuesdays than I am on Thursdays and Saturdays. I have an excuse to be human at times like these.


A crazy woman tried to get into the museum. I said “excuse me Miss” then she shook her head violently and replied “my name isn’t Miss!” You know one of those Amelia Bedelia type weirdos who wanted me to call her R.E.M. or some such. I told her to F.U.C.K.O.F.F. She leaves then comes back again carrying a key, she wanted to use our trash can so I just took it from her to throw it away. However instead I matched it with the #10 key and it’s an exact copy! I let (redacted) know about it, called her back later and she acted like it wasn’t something important. Which means someone screwed up on their rounds and she doesn’t want me to write about the details. 

It looks like I did anyway. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment