Monday, April 11, 2016

June 6th 2015

Not really much to mention today (yet). I’m posted up on the 4th Floor for the hundredth time. Good crowds coming through, but I am still taking the day with a steady pace. (Redacted) came up during her free half hour. She only comes in for four-and-a-half hours so they will not let her have a 30 minute lunch break like the other relief guards, bastards!

One of these days  I will mention how she can just hide somewhere for 30 minutes, that’s what I would do. For that 30 minutes she goes around and reads. I wonder if she has a crush on me and that’s why she came up here? Probably not. She does seem a hell of a lot less suspicious than Buckwheat, so she’s probably not one of Mismanagement's cronies.

Mr. Ass did not give me a hard time about not working 4th of July. He did not do his “everyone MUST work” or “You are REQUIRED to work” spiel. He only mentioned that I bring it up closer to THAT week so he can schedule me around it. So that’s cool. I am not the only Part Timer that does not wish to work it. None of us will get double time pay, even though it’s a federal holiday…

No we should because it’s THE federal holiday of federal holidays! Part Time, Full Time, fucking migrant worker; if you work on the 4th of July you should get double time pay. Also according to my lawyer Maryland is an “at will” state so a company like them can make everyone work it. Hence one of the many reasons I am going out of town.

Tonight I am working the wedding from the Old Entrance. Predator has already fucked up my breaks, as per usual, but likely for him it will only be four hours, ten minutes since the last one. The thing I hate most about working the doors at a wedding is the event planner, (Redacted) in this case, is ultra anal about who goes where. How the fuck am I suppose to tell who exactly the wedding party is? Lime colored peach colored, orange, dress colors of the whole damn citrus field! My solution? Let everyone go where the hell they want. I call it the kill-them-all-and-let-God-sort-it-out technique. No one really cares anyway.

One thing’s for sure there are a lot of hot chicks up these stairs. Man I love summer! There’s a 90-year-old lady here as one of the guests. She just walked down the stairs so she could get to the elevator to go up to where she just came from.... This isn’t the museum’s fault… Well… It’s not her fault either. Some actual signs pointing to the elevators would help.

Predator just came down to get the paperwork and asked me what I was writing in my book. I told him short stories, not really a lie since these are short stories. Just unfortunately true ones. Each day’s plot line is not really new though, but even he’s quaking to know. My “Project” is working. It’s also a psychological experiment. Stay cryptic and it will drive them nuts! Guaranteed.


There’s this one woman here in a black dress, with dark hair. I think she might be Latino, Spanish descent more specifically. She was doing this whole seductive noir movie star act. Oh believe me I noticed her, mission accomplished. More like staring would be the accurate description. She looked toward me while walking up the stairs, I looked away, and she walked the rest of the way elegantly moped. Then stopped at the top and looked down at the men’s room for her husband/boyfriend/date. I looked away when she looked at me, then she walked away frustrated. I am all for meeting chicks at weddings, but not when they are with some other guy. That’s a no-no in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment