Monday, April 24, 2017

September 3rd 2015

September 3rd 2015: Miss.Guy lost it a little bit during our impeccably useless meeting today. She got Stewart and Wilson mixed up with the 2nd Floor after she had already posted Rooks and Thompson there. She then mentioned an event happening tonight. Something about taxidermy and “1,000 people” attending. 1,000 people? I guess if her split personalities count…

She is currently “training” the Relief Guards so every floor is fully loaded with guards. Even D. Smith (who is now Special Events) is here. Now that the Special Exhibition is closed we have two extra people, but this is four extra people on top of that! Everyone’s relieving each other, including me who is technically a Relief Guard today. Me, then Monti, then Wilkins. Which is cool because I get to sit down and have a proper surface to write on.

Speaking of writing Miss. Guy tried to give me some busy work. I am to get a piece of paper and check the books in the South Gallery (where I’m posted today). Only the published books originally until I told her three times that the info manuals were a bigger problem. Once she finally got the hell away from me I got to work checking every page. Yeah. That’s right. It’s Thursday. If she wants to give me stupid shit like that to do then her wish is my command. I’m also going to talk in a Victorian British accent until I’m done.

Miss. Guy said there would be a lot of staff from Conservation on the Court this morning. There wasn’t… There’s hardly anyone here now. The paper here at Charles Street says 65 people will be here tonight, how is that 1,000?

So Von Kunkle’s up on the Sculpture Court walking around for some reason. He hasn’t done this for a while. He barely leaves his office since the move, not that that’s a bad thing. He and Miss. Guy were down in the cafĂ© interviewing the next victim. I mean new hire. There was also a crap load of kids too. Even if they were to give her correct she wouldn’t have heard it anyway.

So it seems like the carnival has come to town. What a freak parade this event is. I mean I know artists are snobby weirdo fucks, in a different dimension than the rest of us, but this not only solidifies that belief but adds a whole new layer of discomfort. Dead animals in little outfits.. This is art?

Turns out there IS a shit load of people here, what a sick world we live in. The only 65 people thing pertained to the Chamber of Wonders gallery. Where Joanetthe insisted on having her speech there. No, not the Auditorium where it would make sense and fit everyone. The artsies that really wanted to see it look at me with dirty looks as they go by. I smile right back and love it! This is the only legit way, in my profession, to give off my “go fuck yourself” mentality. Luckily the majority are friendly.


Originally the plan was going to be no more than 65, that turned into 82. Then Harris (Predator) allowed a handful of people to stand in the Hall of Arms and Armor. Then that venue filled up quick. Also that bitch Mona Roxx keeps coming in and out of the gallery. It’s been a long day so far, I make sure she gets a good whiff of my armpits whenever her midget ass she insists on going by. So the lecture is suppose to be over at 7:15PM. Well it’s Joanetthe so MAYBE 7:30. A lot of people keep saying that they can’t hear anything. Haha, yeah should have been in the Auditorium. Also Mona’s running her mouth about guests “going up and down the stairs with drinks”. Too fucking bad, I'm guarding the store, not the stairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment