Monday, April 13, 2015

November 13, 2014

If you do not concentrate on writing working a 12 hour shift in this place could drive you insane. Especially when you have to work with one of the old guards who is still living in the past. It's moments... no hours like this that make me wonder if they are trying to drive me insane like they did with him. 

November 13th, 2014: So today is a Thursday and I’m posted up in the old galleries along with (redacted). In the break room (redacted) told me I would be doing reliefs. Which basically means change of pace to make the day go by faster. Working on my laptop for an hour in the break room before having to be busy, getting an hour off at 4PM to buy my dinner plus have extra time to work on my novel, and have an excuse to roam around the museum once I was done. Instead I’m stuck up here. The only two upsides to this are; I’m going on an earlier, longer, lunch break and I have a surface to write on. Unfortunately I have to work with (redacted).

He is on a bitch fit today. First he accuses me of not doing the paperwork, then he tells me I mixed the papers up. We then have a useless argument. I already know I am right in the matter, but arguing with either of the veterans is a waste of energy. It’s like a dog barking at a brick wall. He got mixed up because he does not use the book as a reference. Also there was a 15, or so, minute gap between handing him his half of the paperwork and him confronting me.

I think he took that time to come up with a bullshit complaint. I would not put it past him since he has the time on his hands and the brain speed to cook up bullshit. Judging by that shit-eating grin he had on his face, as I passed him getting off the elevator, on the way to the Security Room, I bet he went in there to complain that he needed someone to guard the bridge. I mentioned before how mundane the idea of needing a guard solely for that is. With the policies Knucklehead and Mismanagement come up with; the veterans are their loyal poster bitches for reinforcing this idiocracy. He freaks out that Bear will not do his job so he bitches to waste a guard so he will have half the work load. I have not seen him in about half an hour. He knows he’s wrong and he’s trying to avoid me. Thinks I’m pissed at him. I am a little bit, yes. I’m more pissed at him being a little turd and using what little pull he had to get me stuck here for the next 10 hours.

A.J. called for an ambulance because he was feeling shaky and his chest hurt. I have not heard how he’s doing but I wish him all of the best. (Redacted) is downstairs today, and like always the ambulance (and fire truck) showed up at the Old Entrance instead of the New Entrance. In Baltimore it’s like a fire truck has to show up on principle. Perhaps it’s a quota thing like with police cruisers. Anyway the ambulance went around to New Entrance just fine. Five minutes later (redacted) stepped into action. She’s usually on a delay. She ran up and down the Old Entrance stairs, then announced that the ambulance was on it’s way. Since when does an ambulance have a hook and ladder on it? I have been telling everybody who has not heard. I know that it’s against company policy, but I think it’s bullshit like most of the other policies, people have a right to know.

Later on in the night I managed to get relief duty. Now I can be away from (redacted) for at least two hours. Hopefully I can roam around after my evening break. I usually do and nobody says anything (hell they don’t even acknowledge when I call people out on the radio), but that was when the old Supervisor worked here. Now Predator is officially in-charge of Evening Shift. He took over as Supervisor and now he can officially act like king shit-dick. No one had told him yet (at least I don’t think so) that the position is salary. He does not get over-time like Lead Officer positions. Of course he probably knew this already since he has not been working events. Just to give you an idea of how loyal Mr. Ass is, he has worked over-time. Sometimes an additional 15 hours, without a complaint. That’s pretty fucked up.


Anyway if I am able to roam I will be alright. Then again I have never asked in the past, so… eh. Sure enough (redacted) was all pissed off that he had to guard no one all by himself once I finally got back up to the gallery. Too bad, so sad, I have crops to farm in the corner under the camera now...

When it comes right down to it (redacted) is not such a bad guard. No really he is one of the best, but it's just that working with HIM for 12 hours is no fun. I mean it is fun to observe and get information of the overall crazyness of the museum, but otherwise no it's not fun actually. Which reminds me I should pick up some alcohol on the way home today... 

1 comment: