Sunday, April 19, 2015

November 15th 2014

I remember this day well. I already knew my boss was incompetent, but this is pretty bad. When it comes to medical disorders everyone here either does not give a shit or runs around scared not knowing what to do. 

Apparently Knucklehead is more incompetent during medical emergencies than he likes to let on. According to (redacted) (whose opinion I consider spot on) the officer had their heart attack in the Old Building. Knucklehead insisted that the paramedics GO AROUND to the New Entrance and take him down on the Freight Elevator. Now I know the officer is a chubby person, but they are trained to carry heavier people down 18 flights of stairs. I have seen moments where fire fighters on scene do not always lend a hand. I guess it depends on the weight of the individual. 

Alas no, Knucklehead not only insisted on having him taken through the building, the long way, but also asked they use the New Entrance's handicap lift! I know this was not his first emergency, and he should know better by now. We think he was deliberately trying to kill him (because Knucklehead and Mismanagement believe he is trouble) or it could just be that Knucklehead is an idiot, I think it’s a little bit of a and b. 

The same thing happened with Joe (who is also a diabetic) when he had an attack. Joe was collapsing in the lobby while Knucklehead was chatting it up with someone at the door. Ten minutes later, having “not noticed” that Joe was laying on the floor, he woke up and took over the scene as if he had been there the whole time. That is once a guest noticed and made a call to 911. 

Today I am back up here except today I am sharing it with Captain Redacted. A nice change of pace from (redacted), Captain Redacted keeps his complaints on the inside, unless using them to make a joke, and generally keeps to himself. Some peace and quiet at last! I found out today that I am scheduled to do First Aid Training. It is a required training exercise that guards need to attend every two years in order to be CPR certified. What I do like are all of the cards they give you to put in your wallet.

I have several cards that state “This recognizes that (next line) Me (next line) has completed the requirements for…” I’ll list the following, and for the record every one of these titles has it’s own card:

Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED
First Aid
Pediatric First Aid
Adult CPR
Child CPR
Infant CPR
AED-Adult
AED-Child

I am scheduled to go in Monday but it is an eight hour shift. It’s going to be funny for two reasons. One, I am going over my supposed 25 hour limit by three hours. I guess it’s ok to break that “law” when it’s a state recognized exercise? Second, Knucklehead will be teaching the class. After recent events it will be hard to keep a straight face while he “hahahe’s” his way through. He is also the one who “grades” the multiple choice test and hands out the erroneous amount of cards at the end. It is a real waste of time because he will not have someone under his command that is not CPR certified although none of us will use it or for that matter remember it. He Already has our names printed on the cards and his signature laser etched into the back. So much for wanting to be efficient when everyone is already pre-certified. 

For what it's worth if I had to do CPR for the amount of time this asshole thinks is necessary I would need CPR myself. Thank God for paramedics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment