Sunday, March 29, 2015

Coordination

Where I work we have events that take over the museum for a few hours. A lot of art museums do, but ours are not as organized. Nine-times-out-of-ten the Event Planner is in charge and Security takes a back seat. Would be nice if they had their own radio…

Mismanagement, when she sticks around, takes over from a Security stand-point. Except no one likes to deal with her, or Predator, so they end up winging it on the orders. Sometimes the Event Planner only wants certain people to come through certain entrances. For example if there is an event during public hours only those who bought tickets can come in through one entrance while normal guests are segregated through the old one.

Kinda makes sense right? Of course I agree “segregation” is not the word I would use, that was Mismanagement’s choice of phrasing. She had those orders while Predator said that EVERYONE go in through the old entrance, then let the guests figure out what to do.

There is more a game of one-upping going on in the Security Room than actual operation. Everyone arguing about what to do rather than figuring out how to just coordinate. Worse of all is when they do not have a grip on their manpower. Which leads to them forgetting to give officers breaks when legally required.

They forget that a lot, especially during the above mentioned night. Officer (redacted) was covering progress of contractors in another building. Six-and-a-half hours, since his last break, they send me to relieve him for 15 minutes (just before I am about to go home). Then Mismanagement says 30 minutes.


I was only there for close to 20 when I had to call and remind her that I was neither a Monitor Room officer, nor would I be staying past my scheduled hours. You need to be firm ad know your rights. Do not let anyone tell you different, no matter what insane policies they come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment