Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What Do You Do Again?

In a previous entry I covered how to keep busy and how some guards pass the time. That is only the case with regular guards. It is what the people in charge get away with that is astounding. Luckily not every Security department has these problems (then again… maybe they do), but where I work it’s a problem for all of us. 

Not only of ethics but of actually maintaining operation. Where I work everyone in authority just changes the rules to suit themselves. In most cases they have to because they are unsure what those are.

As I mentioned in “Hierarchy” we essentially have more bosses than we have employees. My Manager likes to play games with everyone in her command. She is, for all intents and purposes, invincible to reprimand for these actions. What she actually does is unknown, even to her.

She once said “No one ever asks me what I do around here.” So I took the challenge head on and asked, “Ok so what DO you do around here?” I doubt she was expecting that so soon because her answer seemed improvised. “I facilitate the administrative operations.” Good answer, I know, but that is what is written on a resume. The real answer would have been “I do X and Y because of A and B.”


Even those tasks she leaves to her subordinates. The Supervisors are actually meant to be in the office now because other departments were complaining she did nothing. Well now she’s busy keeping track of the Supervisors doing what she is not. Confused yet? We are! And the real kicker is we still do not know what her original point of being here is.

No comments:

Post a Comment